Reception 2021 - 2022
Early Years Leader and Class 1 Teacher: Mrs Mollie Short
Class 2 Teachers: Mrs Helsby and Mrs Devonshire
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Haslam Mrs Donnelly, Mrs O'Hagan, Mrs Langshaw
In Reception, provision is tailored to your child's interests and needs, to ensure your child has the best start in life.
Your child will learn in whole class, group sessions and through child initiated activities. Both indoor and outdoor continuous provision is delivered in a structured environment where your child can explore and flourish as an active learner.
Your child will be encouraged to explore the seven areas of learning independently, building on the characteristics of learning and their reasoning/ problem solving skills. At St Catherine's we follow the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage framework, and assess formatively in an on-going process via an online learning journey. We ensure that we see the best of your child and all of the amazing talents they have to offer.
We value every child as an individual, who we place at the center of everything we do, and every decision we make.
If you would like to arrange an appointment to speak to your child's class teacher please contact the school office on 0161 445 6359 or email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will arrange a mutually convenient time.
A few reminders:
- Please bring in a labelled water bottle each day.
- Please ensure your child's book is brought to school each day in their book bag.
- Please ensure all uniform is labelled.
- Please provide your child with 'all weather' clothing as appropriate, e.g. wellies, raincoats, sunhats, etc.
- Reading books will be changed weekly on your child's set day.
- Please check the school calendar regularly for updates of Class Worships, Craft Sessions and other important events.
Many thanks for your co-operation
Reading in Reception
Please see the attached documents relating to reading and phonics in Reception, along with a parent presentation by Miss Short: