Reception 2020 - 2021
In Reception, provision is tailored to your child's interests and needs, to ensure your child has the best start in life.
Your child will learn in whole class, group sessions and through child initiated activities. Both indoor and outdoor continuous provision is delivered in a structured environment where your child can explore and flourish as an active learner.
Your child will be encouraged to explore the 7 areas of learning independently, building on the characteristics of learning and their reasoning/ problem solving skills. At St Catherine's we follow the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage framework, and assess formatively in an on-going process via an online learning journey. We ensure that we see the best of your child and all of the amazing talents they have to offer.
We value every child as an individual, who we place at the center of everything we do, and every decision we make.
Our classrom assistants are:
HLTA - Mrs P Haslam
Teaching Assistant - Mrs A O'Hagan
Teaching Assistant - Mrs M Donnelly
Teaching Assistant - Mrs R Langshaw
1:1 Teaching Assistants - Miss E Overbury, Miss M Merrick and Mrs J Lyons
If you would like to arrange an appointment to speak to your child's class teacher please contact the school office on 0161 445 6359 or email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will arrange a mutually convenient time.
Reception Weekly Activities
Although we have set days for changing reading books, it is helpful if your child can bring in their reading books and book bag every day.
*Please return library books every Wednesday in order to be able to choose another library book.*
A few reminders:
- Please bring in a labelled water bottle each day.
- Please ensure your child's book is brought to school each day in their book bag.
- Please ensure all uniform is labelled.
- Please provide your child with 'all weather' clothing as appropriate, e.g. wellies, raincoats, sunhats, etc.
- PE kits should consist of a white t-shirt, burgundy shorts and black pumps or trainers. These will be sent home half termly to be washed.
- Homework will be sent out each Friday and should be returned to school by the following Tuesday.
- Reading books will be changed weekly.
- Please check the school calendar regularly for updates of Class Worships, Craft Sessions and other important events.
Many thanks for your co-operation