School governors are volunteers who are committed to making sure that their school provides the best possible education for all its pupils. Governors come from a range of different backgrounds and bring different skills and expertise to the role.
At St. Catherine's, we have a dedicated body of governors who work tirelessly in their roles. To find out more about our school governing body, click on our 'Meet The Governors' page. You can also click on our 'Governing Body Structure' page to see how our governing body is formed.
Governors contribute to the strategic leadership of St. Catherine's and bring a range of skills and expertise to our school.
Chair of Governors: Liz Dumbill
Vice Chair of Governors: Father John Hitchen and Kate Mackenzie
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.